Old 06-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrburst
He is Fox Poinsettia in a pot kept indoors. There isn't really much else to say about him. Mr. Planty is very nondescript.

I found these sites. I do not recommend the use of the chemicals recommended here. The browning seems to resemble Alternaria blight as noted here.
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/current_ipm/96Pe.../ornament.html

I found this interesting.
http://www.wezel.com/garden/articles/poinset.htm

The white looks suspiciously like powdery mildew. The brown spots can also be a result of that as well.
http://www.caes.state.ct.us/PlantPes...hP/pphpoin.htm

I would suggest the use of a fungicide that you can make your self along with disposing of any dropped leaves as soon as you see them. Any of the first three here would work. If you think you have one of the fungal diseases going on as well, use the third recipe with the citrus oil.
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=204

Hope this helps,
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.