Old 06-11-2004, 03:51 PM
J.D. Stone

"southernbc" wrote in message
news:ZsNhd.53860$df2.53496@edtnps89...
I built a hoop house this year over my pond in BC. With our snow load I
decided to run the hoops in a continuous arch uncut and support the center
on a ridge beam. I also hung a 100 watt light inside turned on all the
time to generate a little heat. Our nights have been running about 14
degrees farenheight but the heat inside the shelter has not yet dropped
more than 1 degree below freezing. I do not have any pictures as yet, but
this system is better suited to areas with a snow load than what I have
seen in the pictures on J.D. Stones website. (although they look great)
http://www.boundary-ca.net
Don Mann - Greenwood BC

Yep, I quite agree. Not much snow load in Texas. How do you support your
ridge beam? I like the idea; would make setup, dismantling, and storing
probably easier. 'Course it's easier for me to buy and transport 10' vice
20' PVC.
JD

http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/hoops.htm