Old 06-11-2004, 11:39 PM
~shady angel~

Dave wrote:
35 gallon tank full of swords and anubias. Quite a few cardinal
tetras and blue tetras plus a few loaches, plecos (zebra) and a
rubber eel. I've noticed a few of my cardinals have what appears to
be ick (white spots)....and they are also not very active.

I see my problem as 2 fold. First of all...it's a planted tank and
from what I've read treatments for ick can be harmful to plants. Is
this true??

Problem# 2 - if I'm not mistaken Quick Cure is lethal to rubber eels
(caecillian). I've got this stuff called Copper Safe...anyone know
if this would be safe to treat the tank with keeping the rubber eel
inside?? If there's nothing to treat ick that isn't harmful to my
rubber eel then I'll take him out and throw him into my 90 gallon
cichlid tank while I treat the 35G. I don't think my eel has been
effected....and I don't want to risk losing him while treating the
tank because rubber eels are somewhat rare (I live near Toronto and I
finally found some in Tonawanda, New York).

Problem# 3 possably - aren't cardinals more sensative to ick
medication?? I've got around 20 of them. Should I lower the dosage??

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Kind regards..
Dave

Sorry can't help with your question but what sort of chiclids have you got
wont they eat your eel?

--
~shady angel~