Old 07-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from gasdoctor contains these
words:

Im moving to a new house in a village with a smallish garden.

I want to grow fruit as I like trees and it sounds rewarding etc

I figure on apple but which is gowing to be the easiest etc for a
newbie. Obviously oranges may not be realistic

Oranges are not realistic. Not in this country, anyway, unless you have
an orangery or a good big conservatory.

Think about a 'family tree' - you can either buy as is, or choose a
variety you want, say, Bramley, then graft or bud other varieties on to
it.

Then you can grow it as a free-standing tree or on cordons, as the whim
(or circumstances) take you.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/