Old 07-11-2004, 11:33 AM
dusty

"Gramma" wrote in
:

"wendy7" wrote in message
news:PWzid.93200$kz3.24306@fed1read02...
Hi Gramma, Just noticed that no body has answered.
Could be aphids, slugs, grasshoppers or some type of worm???
You could spray with soapy water & alcohol.
I would move that plant away from the others just to be
on the safe side.
--
Cheers Wendy

Thanks Wendy - I didn't want to spray until I knew something that was
safe to use.
Isn't alcohol just great for sooooooo many things [g]

What I have done is cut off the offending flower and brought the plant
inside.
I found some itchy titchy black specks that looked forever like dirt
crumbs on the underside of one leave and I wiped them off with a
cloth, although they weren't moving or anything. Then I just went
round and wiped all the other leaves with a soft damp cloth and at the
moment it is looking good

Gramma

Hi
It may just be my slug phobia but what you describe sounds to me like slug
damage and slug poop. I'd check the plant really good a few times after
dark.
dusty