Old 07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
kenty ;-\)

Default FERTILIZER Q?

I am sure this is a boring subject for most by now but I am interested to
know what you think of this fertilizer ratio & what feeding you guys give to
your orchids?The fertilizer is Q is called tomerite,its ratio is N 4.0/ P
4.5 /K8.0 & Magnesium 0.03 as you can tell from the name it is a tomato
feed.When I first started growing orchids I used a orchid feed
(35/10/10).When I joined a orchid society a guy I know uses this tomato feed
all year round ,so I have been using it for a while now too.Know I am more
involved with orchids I am wondering whether this is good for the plants.I
am thinking of using the 35/10/10 feed then switching to the other to ripen
the new growths.I would prefer to use one feed all year round for ease of
use,any advise is appreciated.
Thanks Keith,England,UK.