Old 31-10-2004, 10:16 PM
david williams

Thanks for all suggestions,
Hi, Who would I get to take a scrape, and what does that involve? The fish
seems ok at the momentbut still performs the occasioanal 'roll.'
"RichToyBox" wrote in message
The rolling sounds like flashing, which is a sign of parasites or water
quality problems. The fish is not comfortable. He is trying to scrape
off the parasites or scratch an itch from something in the water. It is a
good idea to have someone scrape the fish for a microscopic examination to
determine the type of parasite, and it is a good idea to have a complete
set of tests run, pH, and ammonia in particular.
--
RichToyBox

"david williams" wrote in message
Hi I've noticed rcently that one of my koi is performing a sort of roll,
where it swims on its side for just a moment and then rolls. Anyone any
ideas?
thanks
DW