Old 07-11-2004, 07:34 PM

actually, I have a huge lily less than 3 feet away from my waterfall and the leaves
get splashed. I also have a foot long air stone at the same distance with a big air
pump pushing the air in. I wouldnt set a pump outlet aimed right at the lily tho.
I and a few other people found that feeding high protein, high quality food seems to
keep koi from attacking the lilies. altho I do have large flat river rocks on top of
the potting mud and gravel filling in around the rocks to keep koi from rooting
around.
my lily is a heavy feeder. it wont bloom without being fed every two weeks or so. I
dont have ideal all day full sun for my lily, but it does get sun several hours each
day. there are lilies that will bloom in lower light conditions.
not all lilies are as bloomiferous. mine is texas dawn and really cranks out the
blossoms. INgrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com