Old 07-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Tumbleweed

"Peter H.M. Brooks" wrote in message
I've had some water lillies in my fishpond for a couple of years now. They
had flowers on them when bought, but haven't flowered since - even though
they have grown nice and big. What do you do to get them to flower?

The pond started to leak so I've taken everything out to see if I can
re-seal it. It had a liner before, well bits of liner were still left, and
I'm not sure if the bituminous sealer will be the ideal solution. Any
suggestions as to what to look for in a pond liner? It is a pretty small
pond around a metre square and thirty centimetres deep.

Are you serious? 1m square? You can buy new liner for that for next to
nothing , resealing (a) probably wouldnt work, and (b) a tin of resealer
would cost more than a bit of liner! especially as you might be able to get
an offcut for free.

Anyway, a 'pond' that size is too small for anything but a dwarf lily, a
standard or even medium size lily would fill it up within 2 or 3 months.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address