Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Tumbleweed

"Peter H.M. Brooks" wrote in message
Oxymel of Squill wrote:
lilies don't like moving water, so most set ups with fish are unsuitable,
unless you can arrange a quiet cornere out of any currents

I had 2 lilies in the fish pond and neither flowered, the koi attacked
one, fatally! I moved the survivor into a stagnant pool and it has
flowered prolifically this year and last

That makes sense - I could put them in the corner away from the fountain .
I'll try that - thank you.

A fountain in it? Thats probably it. In such a small pond you probably need
a fountain to avoid the water getting stagnant. But its only a M sq, so you
arent going to be able to move the lily very far away are you :-)
I suggest you dig a bigger pond.

One other thought, in a hot summer the water is going to warm up very fast,
much more so that in a bigger (especially deeper) pond. It may also be too
warm for them at the height of the summer.
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address