Old 07-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Franz Heymann

"Peter H.M. Brooks" wrote in message
Oxymel of Squill wrote:
lilies don't like moving water, so most set ups with fish are

unsuitable,
unless you can arrange a quiet cornere out of any currents

I had 2 lilies in the fish pond and neither flowered, the koi

attacked one,
fatally! I moved the survivor into a stagnant pool and it has

flowered
prolifically this year and last

That makes sense - I could put them in the corner away from the

fountain
. I'll try that - thank you.

Do I understand correctly that you have a 1 metre square pond with 3
water lilies and a fountain? If so, I have a very strong feeling that
you will continue to be disappointed. I cannot understand why you put
3 lilies of unknown species in such a small space. Most (?) water
lilies will cover an area of 4 sq metres with ease.

Franz