Old 02-11-2004, 03:11 PM
southernbc

I built a hoop house this year over my pond in BC. With our snow load I
decided to run the hoops in a continuous arch uncut and support the
center on a ridge beam. I also hung a 100 watt light inside turned on
all the time to generate a little heat. Our nights have been running
about 14 degrees farenheight but the heat inside the shelter has not yet
dropped more than 1 degree below freezing. I do not have any pictures
as yet, but this system is better suited to areas with a snow load than
what I have seen in the pictures on J.D. Stones website. (although they
look great) http://www.boundary-ca.net
Don Mann - Greenwood BC

W Dale wrote:
WOW. Very nice! I have been wanting to cover my pond during the winter
months here in Colorado Springs. This just might be the way to go.
Simple, easy to assemble.
Thanks for sharing!
W. Dale

J.D. Stone wrote:

Thought I'd provide a link to some pics of the hoop houses I am trying
out this year based on ideas from others in the past. Still need to
work on what to do with the corners (edges? whatevers?).

http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/hoops.htm