Old 08-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Dan

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:05:24 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
wrote:

You can't be farther away from the truth - rosemary does not need
"excessive" watering, will resent it if you do, plus it requires minimal
fertilizing as well. As with most plants native to a temperate zone, it is
not happy being grown in the house. And it needs time to acclimatize from
being outside. Keep in very bright but indirect light, water sparingly and
increase humidity levels by adding a glass or two of water to the general
vicinity. Keep out of drafts or away from direct sources of heat.

I may be off a little bit with watering the soil, but I sprayed the
foliage all through last winter, and it seemed to enjoy it. It is one
of the more difficult herbs to keep alive, especially up here in zone
5. Definetly needs to be kept in a pot, and it will always fill the
pot and want more...which isn't a bad thing.

Does anyone know when the upright variety of rosemary starts
sprouting flowers? This one is 1 1/2 years old, 3 ft tall but no
flowers yet....a little upsetting But I am glad it's still
alive...the past two died & dried out in the pot.

Dan