Old 08-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Duncan A. McRae

I haven't noticed. If anything, I imagine it would help, but that's
conjecture on my part.

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
Does a temperature that high have a detrimental effect on plant growth?

Nikki

Duncan A. McRae wrote:
I can confirm the temperature approach. I introduced 8 cardinal tetras
into a planted tank with (I discovered later) a non-functioning heater --
instant ick. I grabbed a new heater, bumped it to 86 or so, and a
month later there's no problem. The only problem I've noticed is that
water evaporates very quickly. Now it's back to the important stuff like
building CO2 generators.

Good luck;
Duncan

"Dave" wrote in message

35 gallon tank full of swords and anubias. Quite a few cardinal tetras
and blue tetras plus a few loaches, plecos (zebra) and a rubber eel.
I've noticed a few of my cardinals have what appears to be ick (white
spots)....and they are also not very active.

I see my problem as 2 fold. First of all...it's a planted tank and from
what I've read treatments for ick can be harmful to plants. Is this
true??

Problem# 2 - if I'm not mistaken Quick Cure is lethal to rubber eels
(caecillian). I've got this stuff called Copper Safe...anyone know if
this would be safe to treat the tank with keeping the rubber eel inside??
If there's nothing to treat ick that isn't harmful to my rubber eel then
I'll take him out and throw him into my 90 gallon cichlid tank while I
treat the 35G. I don't think my eel has been effected....and I don't
want to risk losing him while treating the tank because rubber eels are
somewhat rare (I live near Toronto and I finally found some in Tonawanda,
New York).

Problem# 3 possably - aren't cardinals more sensative to ick medication??
I've got around 20 of them. Should I lower the dosage??

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Kind regards..
Dave