Old 08-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Anthony Stokes

If you know someone who has a pet rat, get the droppings off them and
scatter these around the bulbs and in the area of planting, rats prey on
mice, failing that, get a plastic owl and mount it on a post nearby, both

of
these should be enough to deter even the hungriest of mice.

No rats around here as far as I know, but maybe a plastic owl might be found
!

Catching the mice in traps is also proving difficult.
Apparently the local foxes are stealing the mouse traps which are vanishing
nightly from my crocus area and being removed to place unknown. Whether
the foxes take the mousetraps before or after a mouse is caught is unknown.

Now loosing both bulbs and mousetraps :-(

Ant.