Old 08-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Larry Blanchard

In article ,
says...
An added level of tragedy is that people who "love" Bush are in the
deepest kaka of all. They voted for him not because any of his policies
will benefit them, but because he bolsters their desire to express bigotry
against queers, ragheads, feminists, Jews for not praying to Jesus in the
public schools, darkies who don't toady to the "Republican" ideals ...

When we threw out voter qualification tests because they were being
misused, we did the classic "throwing out the baby with the bathwater"

There must be an unbiased way of testing if a voter nas even a minimal
knowledge of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the candidates
policies.

If not, well, people get the government they deserve.