Old 09-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Xi Wang

Hi,

No need to apologize. It is normal for an inflorescence to dry up after
the plant is done flowering. It doesn't mean the plant is dying or in
bad shape. If it's healthy, it should bloom yearly, so basically, just
keep taking good care of it.

Cheers,
Xi

todd wrote:
I am a formerly proud owner of three Phals. As a recently divorced
man, I purchased them in an effort to give my condo life. While they
were in bloom they were magnificent, unfortunatly they have reduced
themselves to dry brown stems with a couple of green leaves beneath.
I have been careful not to overwater, but I wonder if I haven't given
them enough water (becsue the stems are brown and dried).

Is there a way I can encourage a fresh blooming in these plants? I
appologize in advance for any questions I may ask. I have tried to do
some research and have become quite confused by the information out
there.

Thank you so much for your help.

Todd