Old 09-11-2004, 01:21 AM
Kira Dirlik

........My neighbor thought it was great looking and still does.
It's
an easy-to-grow lawn, as far as he is concerned, and he just mows it.
mcdaniel

I have to admit it is also my lawn. But that is only one acre out of
7. I feel like a bit of an expert at this point. For the past three
or four years I have been pulling out the bamboo grass by the roots
where I don't want it. It comes back the next year in a VERY sparce
manner and can be pulled out very quickly. It does require constant
vigilance, and I admit I do become somewhat "obsessed" with pulling it
out all summer long. But I figure in two more summers I will actually
have it under complete control on the 7 acres. I just must walk over
the land and pull out the little batches where I see them (and it is
like 10 plants per batch instead of 10,000 where I've pulled it the
year before). I have marked borders between my "lawn" and my woods,
and I make sure it does not go over the borders. This has actually
been very easy.
The big problem is that NONE of my neighbors take care of it on
their own property, and it is basically slowly (or maybe quickly)
covering the whole subdivision of 770 acres.
No chemicals are involved here, and hey, at a ripe old age, I can
with straight knees touch my knuckles to the ground.... great
hamstrings !!!
Kira