Old 09-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Martin Sykes

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
Greetings, fellow urglers ;-)

I've made a page about triaxial polytunnels.

It looks sensible for a permanent structure, but for a small garden
polytunnel of the type that you use as a cloche, rather than walking into,
you need some way of making it collapsable. The typical concertina type can
be folded into a small package for storage but I think it would be more
difficult with your design which looks ike it would be strong against
compression in all directions, not just in the directions needed. a normal
polytunnel with a guy rope at either end keeping it in tension would be more
practical I think.

Have you looked at the pop-up childrens play tents? They seem to be very
cheap to make and a reasonably sized tent which will easily hold a child can
be folded with a neat twist into a package not much larger than a dinner
plate. maybe the same sort of approach could be used to make your tunnel
collapsable.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )