Old 09-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Tony Volk

My 4" Flying Fox eats *maybe* 1 square cm of algae a week (1/2 sq"), and is
constantly going out of his way to harass my pictus cats. I'm getting
increasingly tempted to ship him off to another tank with a Red Devil .

Tony

"Email Invalid" wrote in message
om...
I am considering adding some Flying Fox (Epalzeorhynchus kalopterus)
to my 58G aquarium. It is mainly for algae eating purposes but of
course also for the enjoyment of the fish itself.

How does it compare as an algae eater to other algae eaters such as
Siamese Algae Eater (Crossocheilus siamensis)? How many should I get,
if any? Will it get along with my clown loaches, giant danios, and
blue gouramis? Is it hardy or fragile?

I actually wanted to get the SAE but can't find any in my area but did
find a store that sells Flying Foxes and heard that Flying Fox is
comparable to SAE for algae control purposes.

Any opinions, especially based on personal experience, is very much
appreciated!

(Post only please, email is invalid)