Old 09-11-2004, 02:42 PM
kate

Frogleg wrote:

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 20:17:39 -0500, Dan wrote:

Does anyone know when the upright variety of rosemary starts
sprouting flowers? This one is 1 1/2 years old, 3 ft tall but no
flowers yet....a little upsetting But I am glad it's still
alive...the past two died & dried out in the pot.

The flowers aren't a prominent feature of rosemary. I've never noticed
if a plant had to be a certain age to produce flowers -- the rather
inconspicuous lavender flowers appear randomly in the foliage in
spring, I believe.

My one year old rosemary has yet to bloom, but the three year old
bloomed for the first time this spring and is blooming again now. I'm in
zone 6, TN, so I'm lucky to be able to keep them in the ground year
round. (The aloes and the bay laurel need to come in soon though.)

Kate