Old 09-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

Wow. That's scary. Locked gate and three year old must be climbing over
the fence? You might call your insurance agent, explain your set up, pond,
fence, locked gate and what happened. He/she might tell you your
liability.

I wouldn't dream of calling my insurance agent. Once you warn them about a
liability issue, they're likely to just drop your policy. Then, try to get
coverage.

If you are worried about the liability, call your lawyer.

Having survived a roaming child of mine own (there was no child
proof lock this boy could not open) I am very thankful to his guardian
angel.

Fortunately for the survival of the species, children almost never actually
come to grief from this sort of activity. Unfortunately for individual
families, there are exceptions.

We've been lucky enough to live miles away from very young children as long
as we've had a pond.
--
derek