Old 07-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Henrik Gistvall

MartyWeiser wrote:

Iris and all,

I have had great luck in developing good nebari on Japanese Maples through
drastic root pruning over a period of years. I have had less success with
airlayering.

What has been the problem with the airlayering? I´m planning an airlayer
this spring on a basic A palmatum. Was an dissectum graft but it died
back. Three suckers developed from the base and I have trained it like a
multi trunk. Now I need to airlayer it. Any tips for success? (I might
add that rooting hormones is illegal in Sweden so I have to do without).

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++