Old 06-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Bill Litchfield said:

Thanks for your input, Pat! Every year, I have a problem (to greater or
lesser degree), with blossom-end rot on my peppers. Do you have the same
problem?

Never. Sunscald sometimes (on the south side of the bed). The peppers
get a shot of Tomato-tone in the planting hole and a mulch of shredded leaves,
or leaves mixed with coffee-grounds.

My big, big problem is those pepper maggots. And it turns out the large
sugar maple tree in the back yard is exactly the sort of place that pepper
maggot flies like to use as a breeding ground. *sigh*

(attributed to Don Marti)