Old 05-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Bill Litchfield said:

I'm hoping for feedback/opinion here. What variety of Orange Bell Pepper is
the biggest, blockiest, and best tasting in your estimation.
Many thanks in advance.

I like 'Ariane' for a dead-ripe orange pepper. 'Blushing Beauty' goes through an
orange phase before going more a hot scarlet-red when dead ripe. 'Roumanian
Rainbow' also has an orange phase before going scarlet. (These are all available
from Tomato Growers Supply Co.)

I had terrible results this year with peppers due to pepper maggots. (Neem
DOES NOT control them.)

(attributed to Don Marti)