Old 10-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
David WE Roberts writes:

| Bloke in a pub (well, bloke working on the drive next door) said he had
| heard that we were due for the worst winter in 100 years.

It was the worst winter THIS CENTURY - i.e. since 2001.

| May know what he is on about as he used to work for Notcutts so at least
| he should be a little in tune with nature.
|
| He is also laying block paving and stuff so the quality of the winter has
| a major effect on his business.

Neither are particularly good qualifications for weather prediction.
Real traditionalists say that the art of prediction has gone down
the tube ever since this country gave up human sacrifice, and who
are we to argue with them?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.