Old 10-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Martin Sykes

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
news
Bloke in a pub (well, bloke working on the drive next door) said he had
heard that we were due for the worst winter in 100 years.

My issue is my Olive tree in a pot.

Over a normal winter I would expect to leave it outside, but long term
harsh conditions may not suit it.

The guy was probably referring to the announcement by metcheck.com. I read
their follow-up blurb and actually it was only a degree or so colder than
recent years so even if they're right it's nothing to worry about.

I'd bring the olive in now. The heat won't hurt it but the cold probably
wouldn't either. I think it's the wet which does it. I put mine in my
unheated greenhouse over winter here in Cheshire and it's been fine so far
despite dropping to a few degrees below zero a number of times.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )