Old 10-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Mike Lyle

Matthew J.E. Durkin wrote:
Hi All,
on gardeners world a few weeks back Monty was planting some pears.
He'd got them dry root and was training them to be espaliers. It's
exactly what I wanted to do so I was dead pleased I happened to

catch
the program. Question is - where can I buy dry root pears? Local
garden centres don't seem to have them.
I live in St Albans, but any mail order company will do - I expect
they'd be quite resilient to transportation in their dormant

state...

Two names come to my mind: Buckingham Nurseries and Deacon's
Nurseries. I 've dealt with both, and they're good. Addresses on the
Web.

I call them "bare-rooted", of course: I wouldn't want them too dry!

Mike.