Old 11-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Thanh Rodke

Default Two acre pond aeration

Howdy!

I've been prowling through the archives here looking from some good
advice on aeration of a large pond.

I live in central Texas and just finished digging our pond about two
months ago. When full, it will be approximately 2 surface acres and
contain (my best guess) a little over two million gallon.

I have seen and read about powered aeration systems, but am concerned
about operation cost. Ones that seem large enough seem to draw
hundreds of watts or electircity, which translates into $25-40 per
month to operate.

My water is a nice green color and visibility is currently at 3-4
feet, but there is only about five foot of water in it. The average
depth will be 9-10 feet with some low spots in the 11 foot range.

It will be stocked with catfish, bass and bluegill. Not heavily
stocked nor heavily fished.

Help!