Old 10-11-2004, 11:45 PM
FF

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:23:34 GMT, "ex WGS Hamm"
wrote:

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
Ehhhh, I have two young kids of my own already who play in the garden. If
balls come in, the kids just deal with it themselves. If they make a

mess,
I ask them to be careful. They are nice kids (mine and the neighbours').

I think one is more tolerant when one has children. I am a crabby middle
aged woman who's son is adult and lives away :0)
I have smashing neighbours too which is great. But not everyones garden is
safe for kids. If the people whos garden the ball goes into do not have
kids, they might have all kinds of chemicals stored in all kinds of
containers (pop bottles) and a barel of toxic homebrew in the shed. Who
knows what kids would do if they had the chance for a nosey about if nobody
was in. I know I would have when I was a kid ;0)

The trouble these days is the kids might just be kids from your street
or they might be scr*t*s from (wherever). The nice kids will drink the
weedkiller, then you'll have to move house and hang your head in shame.
The "chavs" (as people who have no dealings with them call them) will
find your spare key in that fake stone, burgle your house, cr*p in your
fridge and all before you get home from work (you think the school cares
if they skive?)

Liz