Old 11-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Pat Kiewicz

EV said:

But back to the Brandywines, if you're still with me on this ramble
through the tomatoes. The ones that ripened in the summer were huge,
sweet, and flavourful ... though maybe a bit too juicy and mushy
textured. I wonder if that wasn't from having such a wet season.

They've always been too mushy-textured for me, every time I tried them
(or similar strains). Dry summer or wet, very soft. The yellow brandywine
are a tad less mushy and still very flavorful but prone to cracking and
spoiling quickly. I prefer firmer tomatoes. And I like them to have a bit
of "zing."

There wouldn't be so many different varieties of tomatoes if we didn't have
different tastes (and different climates).

(attributed to Don Marti)