Old 11-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Gary Davis

On 11/10/04 4:10 AM, in article
, "Bruce"
wrote:

Hi

I am an occasional poster to this group with 2 x 1/2 allotments near to our
house, (almost) all organic. No axe to grind here, it just seems to work and
I enjoy it. My mother is also keen on growing organic vegetables which she
has been doing for years, and wants a good book for Christmas. I have
Matthew Biggs Complete Book of Vegetables which is excellent but wondered
whether other urgers have any recommendations? I don't want a book just on
organic gardening (eg Flowerdew) but something that specifically relates to
vegetables and is not just for beginners.

Any ideas welcome.....

Any ideas? Well, I take you at your word and can make a 'different'
suggestion...an organic calendar or I should say a calendar that show photos
of Organic Farmers in BC, Canada and gives information about their farms
etc. It is not a 'book' per se but it could be that special gift.... It
will be different if nothing else...price? Well, I'll send it in exchange
for a map of the UK...a map I can put on my wall...I like maps!
You can email me direct (remove 'yoursocks') or post a message here...
Regards,
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada
PS: I can send you a pdf file of the calendar as a preview should you wish.