Old 11-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Gary Davis

On 11/1/04 7:41 AM, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Bonemeal and lots of muck or compost in
the planting area; and even some newspaper torn into strips dug in at
the bottom of the hole will help, too, as with beans.

It's well worth digging a really big hole and filling it with as much
organic material as you can lay hands on. All the above plus buried
annual weeds, old leather shoes and chopped up wool jumpers, roadkill,
bones the dog has finished with, spoiled straw, plant waste you were
about to compost.

Although rhubarb will grow in very poor conditions, it really repays a
richly prepared site and will produce many years of far larger crops of
early, tasty, tender stalks than one eking out a hungry existence in
Oblivion Corner.

Janet.

Absolutely yes...but road kill?? Now who has the 'jam' to shovel up 'road
kill? Yes, it is a good idea...but just who will do that?
Hummmm....gosh, I think I would...hadn't thought about that one until you
mentioned it. Just when one thinks all ideas have been thought of...then
this!
That's one for you Janet.
Gary
PS: And just think, you are there and I am here...and yet we come up with
amazing stuff...keep the flood gates open. We will amaze everyone with our
ideas...all we need is someone to teach us how to make money with
them....(vbg