Old 11-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Philip

"Matthew J.E. Durkin" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
on gardeners world a few weeks back Monty was planting some pears. He'd got
them dry root and was training them to be espaliers. It's exactly what I
wanted to do so I was dead pleased I happened to catch the program.
Question is - where can I buy dry root pears? Local garden centres don't
seem to have them.
I live in St Albans, but any mail order company will do - I expect they'd be
quite resilient to transportation in their dormant state...
Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew

The term is "Bare Root" not "Dry Root". The roots of Bare rooted
trees must never be allowed to dry out.