Old 11-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Merle O'Broham" wrote in message
om...
So, the snowblower says 25:1, the string trimmer says 40:1, and the
power blower says 50:1. Anyone having a wee bit difficulty getting the
mixtures right? Seems all the little oil mix containers say to mix
with a gallon of gas and some don't even give the ratio on the label.
What gives?

I just mix one batch - to the richest ratio - and use it in all my 2 cycle
engines (two mini-tillers, four chain saws, water pump) - and actually I
usually mix it richer than the stated ratio - I never buy the manufacturers
expensive small oil bottles , just get quart bottles from major oil
companies and measure out 3 ounces in a few small glass jars - and I only
approximate the amount of gas I mix it with. Haven't blown an engine yet
(knock on wood).
When I ran the old 2 cycle Saabs and snowmobiles I bought the oil in a small
barrel (can't remember wether it was 16 or 20 gallon) but it seemed to gel
after a couple years even though manufacturers claim there is no shelf life.