Old 09-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Jim Lewis

On 8 Nov 2004 at 17:01, Jeff wrote:

This webpage says that it is freeware. Why must I then register
freeware before 15 days so that it continues working?

It might be a great piece of software for bonsai but I have never
heard of registering freeware.

Um . . the word "free" means you don't PAY anything for it. It
has nothing at all to do with "registration."

Registration for "freeware" isn't unheard of. It is:

1. a way of telling how many people really want to use your
program. Download counting doesn't tell you that.
2. an opportunity for people to donate a tad here and there to
help support someone.
3. A way of controlling the haphazard distribution of the
software (and seeing some other person taking credit for it in
some other forum).
and
4. Totally up to the developer -- who has, after all, put more
work into it than YOU have.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++