Old 11-11-2004, 09:04 PM
SteveG

Google "Black Hair Algae"

"Carmine J. Ventura JR" wrote in message
Hello,

Can anyone help me ID this algae and give me suggestions on getting rid of
it ?
I do water changes with RO water every 2 weeks, clean my canister filter
monthly. Lighting on as recommended.
I have 260 watts of light in a 60 gal tank but all the light is not on
all the time . 130 watts on for 10 hrs ( 2 balbs ) 260 watts on for 6 hrs
( all 4 balbs). Plants growing great with very little algae growing on
gravel and glass, just some of the plants. Lately I have just been
clipping the plants with this algae on it.

Would appreciate any other suggestions.
Thanks !
Carmine