Old 11-11-2004, 06:30 PM
David Ross

simy1 wrote:

David Ross wrote in message ...

My rosemary bush has a major rush of flowers in the spring. Some
branches are solid blue.

Nearby, there is a slope with a trailing rosemary where you can't
see foliage when the plants are in full bloom.

While individual flowers are quite small, the mass of flowers is
significant. Some varieties are indeed chosen because of their
bloom.

the one you have was bred for ground cover. Its taste is much inferior
to the one grown as a herb.

No, you apparently missed my earlier message in this thread. My
rosemary is not a ground cover. It's a bush taller than I am. The
trunk is about 2-3 inches in diameter at the ground. It was
purchased as an herb (more than 25 years ago). It has excellent
flavor and yet flowers profusely in the spring.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean