Old 11-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Ray Drouillard" wrote:

Someone gave me three prickly pear cactus pads that are still connected
together, and told me to plant it by burying it so that the bottom pad
is half covered. My thought is to separate the three pads and plant
them individually.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ray Drouillard

If you do decide to separate them, dip the break in rooting compound and
some anti-fungal powder and let them dry for a week or two before
planting them. With the cold weather, that will reduce your odds of rot.

I've been successfully propagating San Pedro cactus with that technique.
:-) I've not lose one yet...

This spring, I get to try propagating Peruvian Torches!

K.