Old 11-11-2004, 07:04 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:50:13 -0500, "NauticalWheeler" wrote:

No matter how you protect you pond if you build it they will come. I have
our pond in our fenced in backyard. The gates are locked. You need a key
to unlock the gates.

Here's a different approach. Invite the child(ren) over for a visit, let
them feed the fish, and then explain to them the hazards of visiting or
feeding the fish without permission. Let them know that they are always
free to ring your bell, if they want to visit. I've never had a problem
with the kids I've invited over. Ends their curiosity and takes aways the
forbid fruit aspect.

Now I did have some hopping the fence one year, I'm not sure who they were
or where they came from. I'd just see tracks in the soft dirt by the fence
and once a resin fish was knocked in. About this time I learned herons will
visit in mid-day, so I turned the motion sprinkler on 24/7 and that took
care of both problems. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~