Old 11-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Gordon" contains these words:

My pepper crop this year was destroyed by earwigs. Instead of composting
the plants I left them in a pile at the end of the season. My intention is
to burn them all but the only place I have to use is my vegetable plot.
Would it be safe to have a small fire here or would it in some way destroy
the quality of the top soil?

Very unlikely that the earwigs had anything to do with it, they aren't
noshers of fresh vegetable matter.

If there were holes in your peppers, they will have been made by slugs,
more than likely, and the earwigs just taken up residence.

And I'm not saying that just because I like earwigs - a fact known by at
least some urglers.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/