Old 12-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Warren

madgardener wrote:
I cannot believe landscapers are so uneducated.

Someone knows exactly what they're doing. They're guaranteeing that
there will be plenty of landscape work that the shopping will need to
contract-out to repair the damage.

"Gee, Mr. Shopping Center owner. That's what always happens to trees
planted around parking lots. We'll be glad to remove the trees, and
replace them for a tidy sum." "And while we're at it, for another tidy
sum we'll resod all those areas where our mowing and watering schedules
causes shallow root systems to develop." "We'll even gladly charge you
to spray a bunch of chemicals that have a great resale mark-up on them
just so it looks like we're doing our best."

You're not likely to hear a landscape maintenance company say, "Let me
follow this course of action. It'll be so successful that you'll hardly
need me for anything but a little routine maintenance in the future."
They don't make money doing that! And some other landscaper will come
along and say, "They're hardly doing anything for you. Pay us (more),
and we'll do more."

On the other hand, landscape companies founded and run by people who's
only landscape experience came from working for companies that
perpetuate a need for them may actually be dumb enough to think they're
doing the right thing.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Black & Decker Landscaping Tools & Parts:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker