Old 12-11-2004, 01:23 PM
GrampysGurl

"Marg" wrote in message
. com...
For yrs I've had great success by digging them up once they've been
bitten by the frost, rinsing them off, letting them dry for a few days
and then wrapping in plain paper bags and storing them in the garage.

That's OK if your garage remains above about 40F. I gave my sister some
cannas and at the end of the season she carefully dug and boxed them. She
stored them in her unheated garage in Cleveland where temperatures dip
to -20F. Needless to say they didn't make it.

This is where my issue lies..... I have moved, the old house we had an unheated
attic to place my tubers, here I have no clue what I am going to do, I may
store them in the extra fridge... problem lies when I have more tubers then
room in a few years.My garage will get too cold.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT