Old 12-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Duncan Heenan

"bigboard" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

I have never heard of a public highway being used as a weapon, and I'm
not
sure how else it could one could 'use it in the commission of a criminal
act'.

Hit and run, speeding, driving without due care and attention . . .

No. It is the vehicle which is used to commit the unlawful act, not the
public highway. Without the vehicle there would be no breech of the law.

A Public highway is used to travel or dwell on. They are not
criminal acts. I think you are confused. If you are arrested for doing
something unlawfully, it is what you are doing which will be unlawful,
not
the fact that you might be doing it in the road - apart perhaps for some
acts which are legal in private but not in public.

You don't have to believe me, but in my part-time life as a very
part-time gamekeeper I have to know these things. However, you can look
them up using the excellent references provided in the thread.

Don't believe things just because they're on the internet:

A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep or taste not the Pierian spring
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain
And drinking largely sobers us again.

--
"I strongly recommend if you only ever read one book in your life...
you keep your ****ing mouth shut."

I strongly recommend that if you're worried that people will think you a
fool because you keep your mouth shut, you continue to do so rather than
open it and prove them right.