Old 13-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
Auntie Em wrote:

This coming season I will be planting my "first ever" garden! And
boy, am *I* excited.

Despite the fact that I will be also turning 50 next year, my
lifestyle has been such (until now) that I wasn't able to realize my
dream of having a garden.

The problem NOW is - Holy smoke! What do I plant? Sadly, I am not a
big vegtable eater so after carrots, radishes, peas, corn, tomatoes
(for my husband) and pumpkins (for halloween!!!), I am "fresh" out of
ideas.

Tell me what YOU grow in your garden to give me some ideas guys, won't
you?

Thanks in advance.

Em
Be careful what you wish for....

Well, I have learned to only grow what we really like to eat. If you
decide to grow say chard for fun guess what will be the most prolific
thing in the garden? Then you are stuck with mountains of the stuff and
the neighbors will stop answering the bell when you come with armfulls.

I do grow a variety of herbs. It's really fun to go out and snip chives
for the baked potatoes or basil for the spahetti sauce etc. I've had
fairly good luck with them and it's nice to be able to cook with fresh
ones in season.

I also do strawberries in a couple of pots. We don't get a lot, but
enough to nibble on. Do you like berries?

marcella