Old 13-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default interesting observation on Honeylocust

I suspect honeylocust comes in male and female individuals. But can a
male tree ever turn into a female tree or vice versa?

The observation I recently found was that I had cut an old honeylocust
flush to the ground. It was a big tree. And of course suckers followed
year after year. Some I undug and transplanted elsewhere. But the tree
was thornless when I cut it down. It was about 2 to 3 feet diameter. The
surprizing thing to me is that some suckers came up that were thornless
but others were thorny.

Perhaps thorns are not male and female category.

Anyone know what is going on?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies