Old 13-11-2004, 10:24 AM
PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

"Spider" wrote in message

PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR wrote in message
How can I stop the kids next door keep coming round every 5 mins asking

if
they can
go into my garden to get their ball back?

--

PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

I had the same problem. Often, the ball was kicked over simply to create

an
excuse for trespass. At first, I returned the ball. After many such
incidents, I warned the lads concerned that if their ball continued to

land
in my garden, I would pierce it and put it in my dustbin.

This warning seemed to have the desired effect. By warning them, I felt I
was not stealing their ball, but simply confiscating it - permanently.

The
law is usually reasonable enough to accomodate a fair warning. If you

have
any doubts about this type of warning, I suggest you offer to return the
ball every time - but *only* if the parents collect it. I think you will
find this helpful! The chances are that the parents won't become

involved
because the kids will suddenly stop sending the ball over.

Try it - it really worked for me. (By-the-way, I'm a 5'4" lady, not a

6'2"
bruiser!)
Spider

Hey Spider