Old 13-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Craig Brye

I've never used a top on my tanks, and have never lost a fish...

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Just1nK4ng" -DONTEMAIL wrote in message
tcbiii@NOSPAMea wrote:
"John Owens" wrote in message

I've got a few questions about the design of a planted tank. I know

need 3WPG to be able to sustain some of the more attractive plants.
I've looked at light fixtures and I'm seeing a lot of "Open Air"

tanks
with no hoods on them. Is there any type of hood I can use that will
accomodate these larger light fixtures? Simple glass perhaps?

2w/gal, is enough to grow anything you want to grow. 3 is fine also

but
more is not better. Glass is fine or no hoods at all.
Regards, Tom Barr

think about the fish if they jump out then oh no!