Old 13-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Allan

In article ,
says...
"www.Fish-Forums.com" wrote in message
I think your sump may be the problem.
See you are loosing a ton of co2 with the water Cascading over the
bioballs. I would suggest trying it wiht no sump and a different
filter or rigging your filter so it does not cascade and release the
co2 you are adding

Marc

that's what I thought at first too. But it turns out that it's not nearly
as bad as you would think with a trickle filter. here is an article on the
subject
http://users.frii.com/gbooth/Aquatic...index.htm#loss

In addition, it is a closed reactor, so if the CO2 is not escaping out
the bottom of the reactor (which it is not) there should 100% diffusion.

My reactor is similar to this one (though not quite as elaborate):
http://www.eaquanature.com/store/pro...acturers_id=53
&products_id=626