Old 14-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Steve Wolfe

Yep, 4" here, plows are out, trees are coated with white....it's
gorgeous! )

When I got my russian shepherd puppies early this year, everything was
covered in snow, and they LOVED it. They'd play in the snow. Then to rest,
forget the warm, cozy indoors, they'd go lay in the snow to rest. They would
NOT walk on the sidewalk - only the snow. When the snow started receding a
few months later, they weren't sure of all of that other stuff that became
visible. For a short while, they wouldn't even walk or go to the bathroom
on that weird "ground" that they'd never seen before. Then, of course, came
spring, and they soon learned that sniffing the ground, eating grass, and
chasing bugs were pretty fun, too.

So, a few weeks ago when we got the first small snow storm of the yar, we
woke them up during the night and took them outside to see the world "as it
should be" again. They walked out the door, froze in place, looked around
with expressions of mixed surprise, awe, and delight - and then went CRAZY
running and playing in it. It may have only been 3/4", but it was heaven to
them.

And everyone has forgotten how to drive? I certainly noticed a few people
that didn't own snow scrappers on the roads.....

Around here, people are complete idiots about driving in the snow for the
first two snowfalls, then they suddenly remember how to go about it sensibly
for the rest of the winter. Yet the next year, for the first two snowfalls,
they're complete idiots once again.

steve